Friday, July 13, 2007

8 Random Facts


I was tagged by Katie to post 8 random facts a week ago and I only found out earlier today! I got right down to it and here it is.

I have to post these rules before I give you the facts: Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged. Go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged.


Here goes...


1. I wanted to be a hotelier or restaurateur when I was a child but I think I'm more suited to the teaching profession. I've been teaching part-time and full-time since I was 17 and I enjoy this job the most. This aspect of me I've definitely inherited from my mother who is also a teacher. I remember that we frequently hosted visiting missionaries in our home and my mother always opened up our home for church meetings and gatherings.

2. I can be obssessive compulsive. I'm super organised and I like to have a system for the way things are done. This part of me I probably got from my father. When he started golf, he went at it with a vengeance and still does. When I like something, I go all out and get everything I can possibly need for it. The latest 'binge' being eyewear when I went to get my eyes tested after years. In a space of a week, I got 5 new pairs of glasses. I definitely have difficulty pacing myself.

3. I don't have pets but I have plants. They often feature as the backdrop in my blog pictures because the balconey has the best light for my photoshoots. My favourite flower is the hibiscus but I also like heliconias, orchids and the lotus.


4. I am a night bird. I'm usually up until 2 a.m. and I seldom rise before 9 a.m. My mother can't understand my lifestyle since she feels that more gets done when one starts their day early. Good thing I don't live with her :)

5. I am an avid online shopper. I get most of my clothes, accessories and books from online retailers in the U.S. The only type of shopping I really enjoy in town is to the supermarket. Otherwise, the crowds and queues just put me off.

6. Other than the kitchen and the bed, I spend most of my time in my 'office' space, at the coffee table with the laptop and the television on. Its usually tuned in to a police drama (I love C.S.I., Law & Order, Cold Case & Criminal Minds), Discovery Channel, Animal Planet or the Travel and Living Channel.

7. I've been told I don't drive like a girl. I hope that's a good thing because I certainly take it as a compliment.

8. Before going back to baking, my last hobby craze was crocheting and I made lots of flower pins. Of course, I went overboard and I still have lots of leftover wool. I'll probably take it up again soon.


That was insightful. Here are some wonderful blogs that I'm tagging:

Shawnda of Confections of a Foodie Bride
Peabody of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Danielle of Habeas Brulee
Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas
Ruth at Once Upon A Feast
Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen
Sher of What Did You Eat

I've fallen short of the required 8 but I'll update when I can.

6 comments:

sher said...

Hey, thanks for tagging me! I love your flowers and the crochet. I used to crochet and loved it! Alas, have arthritis in my hands!

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I was recently tagged and can't think of anything new to add - except that I'm still house hunting and not enjoying it! http://onceuponafeast.blogspot.com/2007/06/7-random-things-about-me-meme.html

Eunice said...

Oops, I definitely missed that one.

Peabody said...

I too am a night bird. But I usually don't go to bed till almost 4 am!

Eunice said...

LOL... you win!

Teri said...

hi,

I came across your site and am wowed by the beautiful photos of your cakes, muffins and all. Will be trying out your recipes soon too.

Saw that you do a lot of shopping online, do you mind sharing with me the online shops you frequent?

Thanks.