Monday, June 18, 2007

Lemon Ginger Cheesecake

My first food processor cake! I bought my Ronic Rytmo a couple of years ago as a birthday present to myself but I haven't used it as much as I would like.

I'm so glad to find this recipe from Donna Hay's Flavours - it forms a really good basic cheesecake recipe! Change the biscuit base or tweak the cream cheese topping for a completely different cake.


Lemon Ginger Cheesecake
makes a 9-inch cake

base

200g ginger biscuits

1/4 stick butter

topping
600g or 1 1/4 lb cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
7 eggs
1 1/2 tbs grated lemon rind (about 1 1/2 lemons)
1/2 crystallised ginger, finely chopped

Preheat the oven at 275F. Place the biscuits and butter into the food processor and process until crumbly. Press the mixture over the base of the springform pan and refrigerate until required. For the topping, place all the cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and lemon rind into the food processor and process until smooth. Mix in the ginger before pouring the topping over the base in the pan.
Bake in a water bath for 90 minutes and cool in the tin before serving. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest from the remaining half a lemon or serve with lemon curd.

Verdict: The biscuit base was rather thin so I might double the base recipe next time. However, the topping was so smooth and tasty, I want to try other flavour variations soon!


No comments: